So why doesn’t God fix our mental health problems? I don’t know, but I do know God walks with us through mental health challenges and here’s how;
- People; they often fail us, but people loving us and just trying to care for us are nearby. Even speaking something to someone in worse shape than yourself helps lift our spirits. We have a 24 hour prayer line, free service, call it now if you need it at 1-866-273-4444 and you’ll reach a caring person right now.
- Look up; literally, physically lift up your eyes to the clouds and let the blood flow back into your head and then shout something out at God. Psalm 121 is good on this.
- Speak; this is where I think Scripture really helps – here’s a few of my favorite mental health scriptures I say out loud, I like shout them out if I’m alone; Philippians 4:6 “GOD – I WILL NOT BE ANXIOUS ABOUT ANYTHING SO HERE I AM WITH EVERTYHING PRAYING, AND WITH THANKFULNESS ASKING YOU TO MAKE ME FEEL BETTER!” (okay, mild translation there, but you get my point). Try your own translation on these Scriptures:
- I Peter 5:7 “God I cast my anxiety on you ….”
- John 14:27 “God… leave me your peace that you promised….”:
- Philippians 4:13 “I can do all this through You God who strengthens me ….”
- Psalm 23 “God you be my shepherd … I’m in a death valley, help me ….”